Donate Now !

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Addressing Transparent Marketing, Q's & A's

Welcome Back Fellow Online Entrepreneurs,

I'm going to address content others take from you when you appear online.  It is a mixed blessing.  Why I use the word "blessing" rather than "stealing or curse" is that there are several events unfolding...and here's what they are:

1)  It is the Internet and it is still a wild West

2)  As a responsible business owner, you have only two permissions involved whenever you are either writing fresh content representing your business and/or you have someone borrowing that content;

A)  You must always cite the original author, include a website that moves traffic to that website (if applicable).

B)  Anytime you borrow an article from another website, you must include the signature box of that borrowed content.

C)  VIRAL MARKETING -- With educated Internet marketers unfolds a steady understanding that people will take your written content, place it on their websites (with signature box included), and advertise your name along with theirs.  The best people follow golden marketing (called white hat marketing).  The poorest people use darker methods (black hat marketing...which is illegal and is never promoted on this blog or any of my websites).

____________________________________________________________________________


SIGNATURE BOX IS ALWAYS INCLUDED

"XOXO...CONTENT QUOTED", followed by (NAME OF ORIGINAL AUTHOR...OR BAND NAME...OR BOOK TITLE...OR PERIODICAL MENTION,...OR MAGAZINE CITING ISSUE NUMBER, PAGES BORROWED, AND DATE).

INCLUDE IN ANY BORROWED CONTENT APPEARING ON YOUR BLOG OR WEBSITE OR WORDPRESS BLOGS/WEBSITES, "FOR MORE INFORMATION, HEAD TO SO AND SO'S WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION".

***  You must offer quotes, names, and give full credit. 

***   As long as all citations are properly given, as long as author's name and/or website is offered, you should be fine.  I have not faced trademark infringements/copywriting infringements or product/service infringements because I use ethical marketing to communicate any and all information.

***  Anytime I cite a band or Internet marketer, I send an email updating the songwriter that they have been quoted...or I pull content from an already published resource such as Marketing Magazine and cite accordingly.  This is not my current mainstay.  However, if interest grows and more want to see rock star campaigns, I'll email these artists, beforehand.

_____________________________________________________________________________

WHAT WRONGFUL MARKETING IS (BLACK HAT)

Some Internet marketers actually brag online about being black hat marketers!  I am not proud of that fact at all.  It is embarassing to see that some people are ethically operating without any legal sense guiding their actions.  I will tell you what some do...or better...what I am directly doing in order to be an upstanding, proper marketer:

*** Stealing massive content -- Some marketers strip away the signature box, don't include artistic or original author citation, and remove website URL's (http:some_website_name.com).  GOOGLE WILL BAN THESE PEOPLE IN RECORD TIME.  IF THEY ARE PROFITING WITHOUT LEGAL AGREEMENTS, GOOGLE WILL SHUT DOWN THEIR MERCHANT ACCOUNTS.

***  On this blog, I am not directly profiting off of another artist's work.

  • I am not building traffic using someone's branded name
  • I share various bands and artists to show you what is GENERALLY happening on their websites..., to show you the flow of basic elements you will want:  your own You Tube Videos, your own branded name, your own traffic flow...as that flow moves from video to website
  • In these professional campaigns (while protecting the sensitive data these campaigns carry), I show you elemental marketing basics at work. 
  • There is no intention to strip traffic/profits from these people
  • Nor do I sell any products/services associated with these other business names
  • Internet marketers study other campaigns as a regular course of study...so as to properly emulate what must happen in specific order...so as to properly build list campaigns based on proper emailing frequency
  • These black hat methods are illegal/forbidden and will only risk what you build yourself
  • As long as you stick to CLEAN MARKETING, you will have no troubles...or better, you will offset/mitigate any unnecessary risks/hazards
  • Any band or author who directly emails me and asks me not to promote his/her content will be immediately satisifed.

***  This blog is for educational purposes. 

***   If I market anything, it will be because I have created it myself....will have full and legal permission to affiliate market products/services satisfying all U.S./Canadian laws, and will own all copywrites on materials I create

***  All content I publish is 1)  written by me (no ghost-writers are paid)...and 2)  all quotations and full website credits are offered where campaign education warrants offering full credit....and 3)  If I share any campaign aspect with you in part or in full, I will always say..."Full credit goes to ____________."

***  As a responsible Internet marketer and business owner, you must do the same.


Because I am receiving an increase in inquiries on this blog, it is because I have been published in the Washington post days ago, and any traffic coming here emanates from that source and from Wealthy Affiliate (a place where I commonly write/publish), and from readers viewing my home-based business articles exposing industry scams emanating from/within Network Marketing.   Based on original content I wrote 6 or more years ago, the Washington post picks up articles I publish at http://ezinearticles.com/.  People are coming to me from Japan, Singapore, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, Alaska, and the U.S.  Language abilities vary and comments vary. 

I am reading your comments.  For now, I address the most pressing questions and in time answer simple to even very complicated ones as best as one can, happening steadily as times changes with Google and the major search engines, and Internet use.


Here's what one individual asked (edited version):

When having so much content, do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of exclusive content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any ways to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd truly appreciate it.

SOLUTION:  When you obtain a free account with http://ezinearticles.com/, you can become a basic, expert author.  Keep in mind, any content you submit will carry their format.  I will include an example in my next post, but for purposes here and now, you can set up a flag at ezines that will email you who's reading and borrowing your content.  Check out that website for specific details protecting your written articles.  There are extensive places (directories) to which you can post your content, but you're better off sticking with the major ones...like Yahoo News, CNN, Wall Street Journal, Denver Post, Washington Post, CNN MONEY.  Ezine articles is a premier directory which helps you establish a flow of free traffic and a free (organic) listing with Google...as your website appears indexed under your name. 

SOLUTION:

WA BOOTCAMP, STARTING YOUR FOUNDATION

This is the place where I learn, share with others, write teaching tutorials on Internet marketing, and even share band names with these student (Internet marketers) so that they may legally follow basic aspects of successful campaigns.  In order to emulate proper campaigns, you must see them in action.  There is no other way other than to hire out the work, and a paid website for $10,000 may still leave you with an unworkable piece of online real estate.  You also need page rank, eyeballs (on-lookers/readers), and avid fans in order to create a full, but later paid flow.  It does not happen overnight.  Trust is built.  Loyalty is built.  Products others want are found and then affiliate marketed to you.

I am an affiliate marketer of this Open Education Project.  If you click on this link and hit a pay button, I receive a monthly commission...depending on how long you stay here.  BUT.., do not make the mistake of substituting action online and learning for "the immediate illusion" that you can buy some major Internet marketing guru's latest and greatest tool, without doing the daily work.

Here To Help You Succeed Rightly,

Barbara Brinkmeyer, MBA





No comments: