Donate Now !

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why Network Marketing/Home Based Business?

Welcome Back Fellow Online Entrepreneurs!

First-off, how are you doing today?  I wish you the best life will bring you, at any time. When you are feeling a bit down in the dumps, grab a hot coffee, tea, or your favorite beverage, and take a deep breath.  Sit with me and find out why I am now online.  I would like to explain, should you feel generous enough to offer me 15 minutes of your time..., to explain why this blog carries this title if I am someone who is working towards med school and keeps Internet marketing going as my mainstay?

The reasons are pretty blunt.  (THIS IS AD COPY...AND IT FOLLOWs THIS FORMAT...BUT IT WILL ACTUALLY MEAN THAT THERE IS LESS GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION.  FOR NOW, I'LL KEEP PUNCTUATION IN PLACE...BUT IT WILL SLOW YOU DOWN A BIT.)

This Is My Story:

1.  After I concluded my MBA, I was looking for employment but got caught in the fisherman's net I called network marketing. 

You see, in truth, I am and will always be a lover of the 10-step commute at home, but because I'm going "medical", according to acceptance that happens inside of that enrollment, the day will arrive where I'm here...visiting with you.  At home, or in the office, Internet marketing is VERY adaptable...and long as you know what's secure online and what isn't (like opening bank accounts and investments inside of a hotel lobby), well...there is no limit anymore.

  • On any given day, 100,000 people will walk through an MLM...and they will most likely be on the paying end....UNLESS they have a retail store where they can actively market their products.

2.  I ran into a charming hound who was marketing his MLM online using a "persona". 

  • He was Mr. Fighterpilot, F-16 Air Force, had a great demeanor, and pushed hard to SELL (I strongly dislike pushy salespeople)...but it was a very good product line;
  • I just couldn't get over how "odd the marketing" was.

I used to operate a martial arts school, and...

... at that time, I was moving supplements to those who believed in them ...but did it within the confines of my school, and did so WITHOUT USING HIGH PRESSURE SALES TACTICS.  Because I was the senior instructor, my expertise was never questioned, you could say.  I was already proven as a certified instructor. 

  • I do, as a habit, give people what they need when they convey interest..and I let you see what I doOnline, you want to find blueprints for action that you can readily follow.  Shooting from the hip is not recommended online because anytime you do that, you will usually end up shooting yourself in the foot!  You know? 

  • Whenever anyone walked in my business, it was a clean deal.  I would enroll all students in my 7-week program, including a FREE uniform.  I would then give them continuous instruction... regardless of whether or not they enrolled in my 1 or 3-yr. program.  I would tell them, "Here's your black belt excellence curriculum guidebook".  Senior instructors do all teaching.  You can become an instructor if you want.   Here's what we do using all safety involved. 

  • We don't take risks with your joints.  We don't do any "stupid breaks" (you know...where you might see some guy breaking concrete with his hands or head -- I don't recommend that at all).  We don't play with handguns, but we do train you in that specific handgun self-defense, if you want it.  I have trained police officers and attorneys...and insurance fraud guys.  You name it, I have met people from all walks of life.  Shortest story -- I was in the industry for 23 years...and to this day, I still workout daily, kick, run, and do Taekwondo.

3.  Anyway, being a senior instructor, I was teaching all of my classes myself and never believed in delegating training to some un-certified first degree -- a technique you witness being used in many martial arts schools other than ATA (American Taekwondo Association).  It is not a good idea from a liability standpoint, but I also hold nothing against anyone being a first degree.  We we all have to get there...and it is a big deal.., mind you)..., but anything that had to be addressed, I did it myself.  I am not a believer of delegating work just to toss around effort to someone who may not want the work....BUT...

4.  After I met this hot-shot fighterpilot, he brought me into the company and started asking me for my list...which...at that time was bigger than he could believe.  In truth, all I wanted to do was hit him....but you can imagine that I wasn't about to give away the entire state of Texas.  At that time, I had 6,000 senior black belt school owner instructors working under my acting collar. 

TIP:  Whether you stay-at-home or work a quiet job, NEVER give away your contact list.  NEVER.

5.  When I started asking Q's about..."   Why are they teaching --- "share your warm market"?  "  That's when the trouble began.  I thought to myself, "Self.  This is baloney.  I am out of here."

6.  I have never worked directly with family or warm market, or when I have tried, it does not turn out too well.  I strongly dislike the idea that any one of us should ever have to do anything like this.  You wouldn't have your attorney Uncle fight a case for your defense in court, nor would you have your mother operate on you.  At least, I wouldn't.
  1. Anyway, this Air Force Major could not handle the fact that I would not budge on his marketing tactics -- standard ones taught in any MLM. 
  2. So I hired within 4 months of facing "nothing but stupid confusion", top marketers online.  I researched, took my time, and then went for it...$5,000 later.  It brought me into Internet marketing as a realm and I was so taken with the process ...and that's is why I am here now.  I still had some troubles but decided I would not give up. Your brain needs time to see how things fit together.
Form a book?  Publish?  Don't publish?  Write your own e-book?  But then...how do you market the e-book?  There are hundreds of thousands of Q's.
  1. A marketing coach brought me into Wealthy Affiliate, which became Open Education Project at my behest.  I've been there learning since 2008.  I am not an affiliate hound.  I just pour through content, work, and apply.  I am getting results...with time, growing a following that can be trusted both ways.  If I sense that someone should not learn direct response because they can't be fair, honest, let alone responsible, I will not teach them.
  2. I spent another hefty sum falsely purchasing various online gurus products/tools/techniques.
  3. The reality is -- there is no substitute for making very small changes.
  4. If you can form a post or add a pay button...or write a short 200-word article covering how great you are at doing something...say...like teaching...then you are submitting the article using 3rd-person content ...as a highly common strategy
  5. Blogging/Website work -- is fun when you know what to do
  6. When you are sitting in confusion -- it is the pitts
  7. The key thing is not to give up
  8. Believe in yourself...and keep working
  9. Newspapers will pick up your content -- Washington Post supports this blog
  10. Radio stations will see you soon enough and you'll be on the air promoting your business
  11. Rock stars will even find you
  12. People from many aspects of business will see you, watch you, do something ...or not do anything
  13. But you're online
  14. You are visible...appearing under your name or appearing under your business name.

Back to MLM Experience:

I am not here to grow a down-line...and actually chose against it.  I am not here to be a super-affiliate.  I am here to be me...independent.  I will apply what works.

A.  In any business, we advertise, we pull in people who want what we have, and then we close them.  It's very straightforward when the informative purchasing approach is "right there".

B.  When I operated my martial arts school, my refund policies were "hassle-free".  Online, you must be willing to do the same.
  1. I never balked at giving $$ back if we had to send in a uniform that wasn't sewn properly...and it happens.
  2. So there it was.  I had 4 distributor kits but no closing abilities...used in the conventional MLM sense of the word.
  3. I hired Terry Duff.  He is the primary force behind Internet prospecting and closing.  He gets it done extremely well.
  4. When I tried to apply what did work in the usual business world to network marketing, I discovered some crazy things:
  • MLM's ask you to work warm markets because it's fast business
  • Your distributors bring in 1 - 2 people before they quit, on average
  • The top 1% people know this by direct experience
  • Anytime you have turnover, as a top 1%'er knows, I get all down-lines, by virtue of being the senior guy (and they have earned it)
  • So the fountain of wealth is NEVER really distributed UNLESS you enter a new MLM and put in your hefty contribution... -- then -- you will use direct response marketing to "maintain your quiet edge", "form all presentations"...and "close all deals".  It's a cherry setup if you have the skills.  If you are traditional MLM and that's what you know, you will teach traditional MLM.
  • The MLM structure is set up to include "no down-lines that continue for long using traditional means"
  • If any down-lines continue, they exist because the head honcho is using direct response ...and he at least sees the benefit of teaching his down-line the same.
  • I will tell you who these rockin' teams have been:  they were...at one time when the Internet was new...Dream Team.  YES.  They are direct response.  The ones who did anything, blew the doors off of conventional MLM down-line recruiting.  They hit massive numbers and appeared on the display boards every month in top positions
  • BUT...when direct response went global, Dream Team started to hit brick walls for natural and varied reasons
  • Competitors emulating them (called former Dream Teamers) were doing the same
  • And Dream Team had to alter its marketing -- still using direct response
  • They have a different name today, but they are all Internet marketers.

Basically, what I did was hire Internet marketers to teach me direct response.  That's how I got here and am still developing.  It is a direct path.  If you are interested in learning direct response marketing, please keep the day/night job going strong...and take the time you need to study every aspect of direct response marketing.

Why?

IT ABSOLUTELY WILL SET YOU FREE.  It is exciting when you finally see how direct response marketing works,  no matter what you market.  However, I am directing you to people who can definitely help you ask any open Q you want without facing stupid answers. You deserve that much, and far more.

  • You must position yourself as the sole expert
  • You cannot be online really talking about some other great guy or gal who's going to get the business
  • You'll end up penniless
  • All direct response marketers do is put their names on everything
  • If you want to do this, you have to know what you are talking about.

Wishing you well for the day.

Respectfully, Sincerely, And Happily...I am still here writing the content that couldn't be written!  I will not toss any links at you today.  If you do that with each article inside of blogger, they will delete your blog.

Barbara Brinkmeyer, MBA



P.S. RE:  Lessons on Internet marketing

You can easily find links in the other posts titled, "Lessons" by number.  These lesson-based links I provide are clear...but for further clarity, I do NOT get paid when you click on a link.  The first click is a $1 click...IF you go with the program.

I only get paid on the Open Education Project when you click on a link BUT THEN GO to "pay here" inside of the program...but I am here to share Internet marketing, answer Q's and A's.  You will always know what is happening. You will not be tricked.  Any commissions I receive there are as the result of you staying with the program monthly...or annually.  There is no short-cutting.

In time, I will have contact information with a direct # so that you can get in touch with me, if need be.  There are specific approaches you have to apply in your marketing so as to screen out unsure people.  The key is to get in touch with those who are ready to do what's involved: work, deliver, help honestly.  These people have their priorities straight.  They don't expect a free ride, but they don't have to forfeit their entire life savings in order to build success either and they don't believe in ripping off other Internet marketers...at least...not the ones I work with independently.)







No comments: